Who Is A Terrible Singer?
8 Steps To Awful Singing
Are you surprised with the title and the heading of this article? Most people will want to learn how to sing beautifully and here I am, writing a singing article teaching people how to sing badly.
Well, how about looking at it this way. If you know how to avoid awful singing, then you will be able to sing better, won't you?
1) Shouting instead of singing - Unknown to many amateur or even some professional singers when doing a fast number, they are shouting instead of singing. Sometimes this happens because of bad sound check and the singer could not hear herself/himself. Sometimes it is through sheer singing bad habit.
Shouting out a song, unless the song requires you to, like certain rock or heavy metal songs not only sounds awful and terrible to your audience, if done persistently over a period of time can cause permanent damage to you vocal cords.
2) Singing without warming up – Warming up your voice before a performance is vital for voice care. Singing when your vocal cords are cold, especially when singing high notes will make your voice sound very tight and stressful. Furthermore, it could also lead to voice damage in the long run.
Click here to Sing High Notes Effortlessly.
3) Neglect Cooling Down – Cooling down your voice with the right vocal exercises is just as important as warming up. After a performance, your vocal cords are strained and stressed. You need to cool it down to ensure good voice care so that you can continue to sing powerfully.
4) Smoking – Think of all the tar, poisons and heat pelting your vocal cords every time when you smoke. Don't you think you are destroying your voice in the long run? Is it any wonder why singers who smoke have raspy voices? Think of throat cancer.
5) Drink Alcohol – Consumption of alcohol dehydrates you. That means that your vocal cords are vibrating without enough lubricant fluid and the constant rubbing of your dry vocal folds during singing will damage them. Furthermore, if you drink before a performance, you may forget your lyrics and make you look like a drunken dork on stage. Isn't that terrible?
6) Not getting enough sleep – When your energy level is not at its optimum, do you really think that you can put up an energetic singing performance?
7) Singing out of vocal range – You may want to impress your audience by singing very high or very low notes which are not in your vocal range. This is a terrible mistake as your voice will not only come out as sounding badly strained, it is also awful for your audience's ears. Click this link if you want to increase your singing vocal range.
8) Drinking honey or milk – Ok, I hear your howls of protest because many people think that drinking honey actually sooth their throats. Well, drinking honey, sugary drinks and dairy products will cause a build up of phlegm. When your vocal folds are coated with a sticky film of phlegm, do you think they can vibrate freely enough to create the resonance for a good singing voice?
So if you want to sing badly or cause damage to your vocal cords, then follow these 8 steps to awful singing. If not, just stay away from these 8 bad singing habits and develop a fabulous singing voice through good vocal exercises.